Friday, July 24, 2009

(13) Being Lonely




This is the disease of this age. All people feel lonely. Those who has many friends feel lonely, those who have only couple of friends feel lonely. Single people feel lonely, even married people feel lonely. A woman with no children feels so lonely and she doesn't know that even the woman who has kids suffers this horrible feeling of ... "Being Lonely".
I believe this wasn't the case before. Does anyone remember "El Hafied" movie and also some of the black and white movies? This big house with many people with different ages and variety of problems. The door of the house was always opened, neighbors coming in and out. And when members gather to watch this sacred invention "T.V" it is always happy moments.
I remember that in the past families don't have to eat meat everyday, and when they cook a "duck" or pigeon it is like "oh what a great day". But now and though we eat meat in different ways everyday we don't feel this kind of being blessed or this kind of happiness. I really don't know why, why everyone is living alone, why don't we gather more together, why don't we share happiness and pain together. Even a married man can barely feel the existance of his kids because he is all day out at work trying his very best to afford them a happy furure, living in a circle of work that gets tighter on his neck until he feels lonely but helpless, he can't stop making money. Even young people, they get busy from their families and friends trying to build their future. Bottom line I feel like we all living in a bubble, everyone is isolated in his own bubble, we walk with it, sit with it, eat with it and sleep with it. We feel lonely in it, but in the same time all our life is settled down in this bubble so we can't break it and get out of it.

3 comments:

  1. Marianne,
    it is really strange that people at the young age are talking about loneliness, but it is a fact even if we are so busy at work and even those who are having kids and family they also have the same complain, I like how described it "isolated in his own bubble" , ma3lesh ya Marianne we need to work on not to be isolated it might work or not....who knows...if you know how plz let me know!!!!
    Asmaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are some factors caused that:
    Increasing number of working hours, long time ago people used to finish their work at 3:00 pm max, so they have a plenty of time to set with family, neighbors and kids. Instead of going to bed and sleep.

    People trends have been changed as well. We used to love each other and also, we used to with the best to each other, but these day we envy each other, so some of us preferred to be isolated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I spend too much time with people- be it friends or family- I start getting tired and annoyed. I need a lot of time on my own in my "bubble". It's not because I envy people, like Mhamed Emam said, but because.. well, I just enjoy being on my own, occupied with the stuff that I do. I like what I do- like art for example - more than talking.
    I like it that way- but I don't think it's healthy. It's especially bad for old people. In Norway where I'm from, a lot of old people are left to themselves all day every day without anyone visiting or being social with them. It's SO sad.
    This blog post got me inspired; I'm calling my grandmother tomorrow;)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon share your thoughts :-)