Friday, May 8, 2009

(8) The Curse - Is it a game? IV




So back to "The Curse" series. In the relation between a guy and a girl ... is it a game? I used to see girls who never do any approach unless the guy took the initiative. And also guys understand these rules and respect them.

It is like playing chess, the girl moved a pawn(smiled at the guy to encourage him), then the guy moves his knight (understand the sign and start calling her cell phone), then the girl moves her rook and ... check mate. Is this being straight forward? Is this love? Is this enjoyable at all?

To my surprise I found out that guys really enjoy the game and I heard before that it gives them a pleasure as well.

Also when I see one of these relations I remember the ping pong game. He gave a missed call (of 3 rings) so the girl reply back after 4 hours with another missed (just one ring is enough).

Why the hell is this? Is this how God created us? Tainted feelings. I know that children's emotions are not tainted, when they love someone they can't control their feelings and say it and when they dislike someone they don't hide it. But I have to admit as well that any girl trys to avoid these tainted feelings will lose, why? Because the other partner in the game doesn't understand these rules, he only knows the ping pong and chess rules. So be it!

3 comments:

  1. Marianne I really like your way describing the relation bet. guys and girls...I do wonder why don't both act like how really they feel...why does it have to be a game I guess if u meet ur soul mate u should not think too much before expressing ur feelings and make it a fuss cz if he is ur real soul mate he will do the same and it wont be a game...but when we talk about marriage it is totally different because we might live and die and never meet that mate so it could be the game u mentioned because in the case of marriage ur mind is controlling ur steps...

    Asmaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood the game. Maybe that's why I'm a complete failure at it! well, I think wouldn't play even if I understood it. It wouldn't be genuine to follow a certain order. Maybe knowing the rules would help, so at least u'd understand the other's moves?

    I'm confused..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a game for non serious lovers..

    ReplyDelete

C'mon share your thoughts :-)