Tuesday, May 12, 2009

(10) Defend your love


I heard this story once when I was a child. It is kind of vague memory now but I will try to take it out and transform it form a vague thought to take the shape of words.
It was said that there was a guy and a girl who took a boat together and sailed to the see, to have some fun. Then in the middle of the sea, mermaids came out.
It was well known that these mermaids are bad mermaids, they have fangs and they look horrible though they can transform their shape to look temporary pretty. The most dangerous thing is that they have wonderful voice, that once they sing they charm men and make them lose their minds and once the man jumps to water to follow the mermaids they eat him.

So these mermaids started to sing, and the guy started to get charmed. The girl was shocked watching her lover leaving her and worshiping false pretty mermaids. I was thinking what I would do if I were her? Would I leave him to face his horrible fate as a punishment for leaving me and admiring others? What would be my approach? But let's not bother by my approach and let's get focused on what the girl did. She started singing...
She knew that her guy used to love her voice and in their happy moments she used to sing for him, so she started singing songs that he loved.
Eventually the guy started recalling the sweet (unfaked) voice of his lover, the voice he used to love, and his mind started to go back to life and she got her lover back.
Bottom line of this story is that many women and girls used to dump their lover when he starts getting attracted to another girl. Wisdom says "Defend your Love" and I add "as long as the guy worth it".

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon share your thoughts :-)